Hazardous Waste Policy
Hazardous waste is waste that contains hazardous properties that may render it harmful to human health or the environment.
It is part of this organisation's policy on sound environmental management to ensure that it manages any hazardous waste it produces in a responsible and legally compliant manner.
It will (subject to emergency procedures) where appropriate:
- Register its site with the Environment Agency.
- Follow the consignment procedure—it will ensure that hazardous waste is controlled at every stage from production to final disposal and that it is disposed of at a suitably licensed site.
- Ensure that hazardous wastes are not mixed with other hazardous waste and that non-hazardous and hazardous wastes are not mixed on site.
- Ensure that all site records and returns are completed where applicable.
- Take care to ensure its employees segregate and dispose of waste in the correct receptacles.
- Follow best practice guidance from industry or other sources for management of different sources of hazardous waste such as NHS guidance for safe management of hazardous health care waste.