Refurbishment of a 30,000ft² Office Building in Bradford City Centre
Watsons Building Services undertook the task of designing and implementing the mechanical and electrical services for a 30,000ft² office building situated in Bradford City Centre. This refurbishment project, focusing on a structure dating back to the 1980s, spanned seven floors across two wings. The outdated perimeter radiator heating system was replaced with highly efficient VRF comfort air conditioning systems, providing heating and cooling to each floor. Additionally, public health and ventilation services were meticulously integrated into numerous kitchenettes, shower rooms, and accessible toilets on each level.
The electrical installations included a comprehensive low voltage distribution sub-mains network, distributing power to distribution boards on every floor. Moreover, small power, telephone, and data structured cabling were seamlessly integrated throughout the office spaces, either within dado trunking or via raised access floors, culminating in floor boxes for convenience. To enhance energy efficiency, high-efficiency LED lighting replaced the obsolete lighting fixtures. Furthermore, to ensure safety, a new L1 fire alarm system was installed, replacing the outdated system and ensuring compliance with the latest standards.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of services installed in full coordination with other contractors.
- Each floor now has efficient VRF air conditioning.
- Public health and ventilation were added to kitchenettes, shower rooms, and toilets.
- Electrical work included low voltage distribution and floor-level distribution boards.
- Small power, telephone & data cabling were installed.
- High-efficiency LED lighting replaced old lights.
- A new L1 fire alarm system was installed.
Get in Touch
- 01535 652338
- Watson House, Howden Road, Silsden, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD20 0HD